Logistics Management Software Turning Companies Like Accenture into Mavericks
What do you say when the top management consulting companies such as Accenture, McKinsey & Company, Deloitte, KPMG, and IBM Global Business Services cite operational streamlining as a key element in arresting margin erosion?
You sit up and find out which company offers the best logistics management software.
Logistics management has now become the singular platform for cost leadership and profit generation. Most of the Fortune 500 companies partner with management consultants to streamline their strategies and processes. Accenture has time and again reinstated the importance of profitable and agile processes. They have adapted their strengths to incorporate logistics management as a core competency. For this, they collaborate with the top logistics management companies in the world. They initiate and felicitate such collaborations to improve their client’s business metrics through location based services, delivery routing software, and fleet tracking.
Geographic Information System: The Influx of GIS Software in Logistics Management
GIS Software has been a mainstay for location based services across the world. It is the perfect merger of high-end technology and territorial and maritime transport optimization. Geographic Information System, or GIS, is mapping geographic latitudes, longitudes, latitudes, topography, and demographic information into a single graphically interface for easy deciphering.
When GIS software is coupled with logistics management, it opens up a new world of technology backed analytics which offers enterprise mobility optimization, delivery route optimization, and overall streamlining transport management system of any company.
Immediate Benefits of Integrating GIS Software with Your Logistics Management System
Here are some immediate benefits that you will witness when you integrate a GIS-enabled logistics management system.
- Location based analytics for delivery route optimization.
- Accurate estimated time of arrival information for all stakeholders including carry forwarding agents, distributors, wholesalers, stockists, third party logistics partners, retailers, and the end-consumers.
- Topographic and demographic information help for easy address identification, verification, and directions.
- Capturing real-time information on time spent and distance traveled for each delivery/replenishment/task.
- Real-time resource and fleet tracking on an interactive graphical map interface.
Extended Benefits of GIS Software Merged with Machine Learning Algorithms
When GIS software is utilized in tandem with machine learning enabled algorithms then the result is a compounded set of evolving benefits.
- Predictive traffic and weather pattern analytics for optimal resource movement planning.
- Intuitive schedule planning while incorporating each delivery/task allocation for quick and efficient turnaround times.
- Optimal resource utilization by factoring in the ideal resource and fleet for each delivery/task, bringing down overhead costs.
- Effective reports and movement analytics for agile resource planning (especially if your resource and fleet are market sourced and you are required to optimize their time on priority to streamline variable costs).
Machine learning enabled algorithms ensure the next step or inch your resource moves is more optimized than the last.
Welcome the age of technology and expert process enhancements. This is precisely why you see Accenture and their likes boasting about such integrations and solutions.
Reach out to LogiNext for a detailed discussion about how you can furnish the above benefits for yourself.
Cover Image Credit: Prime 3SG58 2